Sunday, January 31, 2010

EDM 310 entry 3

Media Literacy in the First Grade
I am very impressed to see that these really are first graders. You would never think that first graders would be able to do this. With the technology that is available anything is possible. When I was in the first grade I was practicing cursive hand writing not doing a blog for the world to see.
The children knew about the different topics and they were able to explain what media literate meant. I am still stuck on the fact that they are in the first grade. I really enjoyed the video. It goes to show how much technology is changing and how we all need to adapt.

Kid Cast
This pod cast was very entertaining. I found this podcast very informative. I was surprised how he handled the different questions. I actually enjoyed listening to this podcast. I thought he helped me understand the basics of a podcast. He stated "that the teachers need to be proactive" I agree with him This is a very important goal for teachers to take.

Ed Tech Talk
I found it interesting that Robert actually interviewed Danielle and Marley about pod casting. It shows the many ways pod casting could be used. It gave a lot of great information. Danielle explained the social relationships through pod casting, I was impressed by that. She even used Net Flicks as a teaching tool. Robert explained micromanaging in classrooms, I liked that part. Although I went to a small school I was offered micromanaging, and it was very informative.

Little Kids... Big Potential
I enjoyed the part of the video about the children using the smart board. It is amazing how children are using more technology to learn in the classrooms. That is awesome from when i graduated a few years ago. These children are using so many things that when i was in school they were only for the teachers to use. The teachers that are including all this new technology is not only helping themselves they are also helping the students become more acting in education.
It is helping the children learn in a different approach. I enjoyed this video, I was impressed at the knowledge all these children had about the new technology that is changing everyday. I think if more teachers embraced this new style of teaching, then students would be more excited about school and want to come to and learn. When I was in school and I was able to use my Nintendo DS, in class my mother wouldn't have had to fuss me out of the bed so many mornings.

3 comments:

  1. Hey there! You were my person to comment on! I really like your blog and your posts! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also impressed that these students are only in the first grade. I also like the quote from kid cast "teachers need to be proactive". Students today are learning differently than we did when we were younger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you be ready when they are in your class? That's the question I want everyone in EDM310 to be asking - all the time! Also, are you being prepared to teach in the classrooms of tomorrow. If not, all of us should work to change that. And you may have to push to make that happen!

    ReplyDelete